Snack Box Protocol
- This service is for patients who have missed a meal, been admitted after the meal service has started or between meals.
- Snack boxes must not be used as an alternative to the meal service. For patients who are admitted between meals and there is sufficient time to order a hot meal, the snack box options must not be chosen. (Please see Admissions).
- Each ward has a snack box menu. There are also standard , paediatric and renal snack box menus.
- The Catering Department will operate the service 8am to 7.45pm.
- The Portering Services Department will operate outside these hours except in the Maternity Unit BRI where existing procedures will apply. (See local snack box procedure).
- Meals will be delivered as soon as possible after the request. If a delay is anticipated this will be indicated at the time of the request with an estimate of time ( mainly for out of hours requests).
- All services will be provided in an NHS logo snack box.
To order a snack box the menu must be completed on the ward and the order placed.
|St Luke's||BRI - General Wards||BRI - Maternity|
A questionnaire will be included with the snack box. Patients should be encouraged to complete them and return to the Catering Department for monitoring purposes.