Supply of more than one Wheelchair
More than one wheelchair is not normally supplied except if the client is a power chair user where a manual wheelchair as a 'back-up' wheelchair is provided.
More than one manual wheelchair may be supplied in the following instances:
- A wheelchair is required both upstairs and downstairs, but there is no provision of a through-floor lift or other equipment.
- The second wheelchair will be standard provision.
- A glideabout may be provided for upstairs use where space is limited and a standard wheelchair would not be appropriate.
- An alternative may be a glideabout commode or other equipment, accessed through home medical loans.
- If a through-floor lift is subsequently fitted in the home the second wheelchair should be returned.